Monday, February 7, 2011

My Short Story Preview

"Who is she, and what is she doing here?"

     Vera has lived fifteen years into her life and still has not made her choice of who she wants to be, or how she wants to live her life. After she mysteriously looses her father, Vera and her mother moved into a small house in Florida. Vera's mother is caring and wants her to grow up to be successful, but she does not always get every thing her daughter has to say. When Vera's mother fails to understand her, she turns to her best, and only friend, Tianna. Tianna is sixteen and has never gone unnoticed. With her Father, as directer of over 10 top movies, Tianna lives her life in high class, but still there are some things that she feels she can't tell her. So instead she spends most of her time with her boyfriend of 2 years, Alex. Alex is a top player on the basketball team at their high school. Like Tianna, Alex is known by every one at school. When it comes to Alex, Vera has no trouble telling him everything. While the world outside of her head spins perfectly in place, Vera still has to decide who she wants to be. But deciding on who's advice she will take could mean loosing the other two people in her life. She has already lost her father and would not be able to live with herself if she lost another person she loved. Vera has to decide what path she wants to take, knowing that the wrong path could make her, and the people she loves, unhappy forever.
      

2 comments:

  1. Shahni--It sounds like it will be a great story! It reminds me of Sarah Dessens' writing, and Joan Bauer's.

    Please post your first paragraph.

    Thanks! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shahni, I love the way the dream is so detailed and it makes me feel like
    I am in the story watching the dream itself going on. I love the intensity the first few paragraphs and the way she sees someone else in the mirror . I like the way you add twists to the story and it seems so interesting. U remind me of both sarah dessen's writing and becca fitzpatrick's writing the way you set up the plot. The story brings me in and gives me a chill like fitzpatrick's writing and make me wonder what is going to happen next. It was really enjoyable to read and I suggest that you please be more understandable with the first part about the mirror I didn't really understand what was going on until the part where she touched it. I like the ending alot but I was confused on the question if she was still in the dream or not ... I think you could add maybe a part that goes back to the room where she was frazzled about having the dream again . But I think it was a really good story! Keep Writing!!! Katrina .

    ReplyDelete